|Duration: 3 days|
Location: Lagos & Abuja.
Fee: N115, 000
Target Participants: Lawyers, Personal and Executive Assistants’, Admin staff, Secretaries and Frontline employees.
Both formal and informal meetings are taking place every day in any organisation.
Are accurate records of key business decisions being recorded? Who were the key decision makers? Does anyone know what happened in the meeting and what decisions were made and carried and ideas discussed and motioned? Are your business units effectively implementing decisions made after the meeting?
Minute Taking Training course will enable you to understand the important role of a minute-taker as well as efficiently recording all the important information discussed. This action packed day will include fun mock-meetings and activities run by one of our expert minute-taking trainers. Improve your meeting outcomes with effective minute-taking.
Effective minute-taking will enable your business units to solve many problems and complaints associated with running meetings. In the hands of a competent minute-taker, the following skills will enable managers and staff to effectively action efficiently recorded meeting items.
You will also learn advanced styles of minute taking such as colour-coding and suitable methods for minute-taking in informal, formal and action meeting settings.
- Recognise the importance and outcomes of minute-taking
- Identify and record action items during board meetings
- Develop skills in active listening, critical thinking, and organisation
- Understand and customise meeting agreements
- Record three types of minutes, including formal meetings, informal, and action items
- Prepare and publish minutes with perfection
- Take minutes in interactive board meetings
- Write drafts, proofread and organise minutes
- Build and maintain a minute book
- Recognise the outcome of minute-taking for a particular meeting
- Recognise the role of a minute-taker in achieving larger goals of an organisation
- Deal with common complaints and difficulties faced by minute-takers
- Perform the role with expertise using knowledge and skills
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 1 The Role of a Minute Taker
- Discuss The Role of a Minute Taker
- Explore common problems and solutions in small groups
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 2 The Skills of a Minute Taker
- An ability to listen
- Critical thinking skills
- Good organisation techniques
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 3 Meeting Agreements
- Discuss meeting agreements
- Three templates to take away and customise
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 4 Minutes Styles
- Formal meeting style
- Informal meeting style
- Action meeting style
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 5 What Do I Record?
- Participants will learn what to record during a meeting
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 6 Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Tools for creating minutes
- Organisation methods
- Techniques for writing drafts
- Proofreading tips
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 7 Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- Learn how their role as a minute-taker will be different in an interactive meeting
Minute-taking Training Course – Lesson 8 The Minute Book
- participants will learn how to build and maintain a minute book
|Duration: 3 days|